Distinguished Advisor of the Year Award
NAIFA-North Carolina’s Distinguished Advisor of the Year Award is given annually to recognize individuals who have given meritorious service to the insurance and financial services industry, and to the community in ways that enhance the image of the advisor. These individuals will have clearly demonstrated the attributes of personal success. It is the highest award given by NAIFA-North Carolina.
The following criteria are considered in selecting the award recipient:
- Current member of NAIFA North Carolina.
- Sustained and meritorious service viewed in retrospect will be considered, as well as specific actions during a single year.
- A person may be given the award for service rendered in the current year or because of accomplishments over a long period.
- The award must be given to a person in our business, i.e., agent, assistant manager, general agent, manager or supervisor in the field. Home office staff or individuals in a related business should not be considered.
- The person must have rendered service above and beyond the call of duty.
- Consideration should be given to: past and current contributions to (a) life insurance industry, (b) NAIFA, (c) NAIFA North Carolina, (d) their company, and (e) community affairs.
- The holding of a state office (past or present) by the nominee is not a necessary factor for qualification.