Jim Ollis Governmental Affairs
The Jim Ollis Governmental Affairs Award is presented annually to recognize the involvement of local volunteers in the governmental process. The award is intended to recognize outstanding involvement in political activities by an individual member of a NAIFA North Carolina local association. The intent is to recognize one individual that has had an ongoing involvement (multi-year) in PAC, state or federal political involvement, or other unique activities that reflect positively on our profession.
Criteria for the Award:
- Recipient must be a member of NAIFA North Carolina at the time of nomination.
- An individual may only win the award one time.
- The award recognizes leadership in the political involvement activities at the local association level.
- The selection committee will consider the following criteria in determining the recipient: Prior attendance at the NAIFA Congressional Conference in DC and/or state sponsored legislative activities; participation as a local association PAC chairperson; measurable impact on PAC giving at the local association level (increases over prior year); and involvement in the political process; i.e. a campaign for an elected state or federal official.
- Members of the Government Relations Committee, members of the Board of Directors, and local association presidents are encouraged to nominate individuals for the recognition.
- The NAIFA NC Executive Committee will make the selection of the recipient prior to the State Convention.